ECOVIS Miškinis, Kvainauskas ir partneriai advokatų kontora
Requirements for use of the state name (Lithuania, or The Republic of Lithuania) in the title of an enterprise are provided for in the Regulation of the Register of Legal Entities.
The official state name “The Republic of Lithuania” may be used in cases when a legal entity is established under the law or other legal act, or when a state authority decides to establish a public legal entity.
The short state name “Lithuania” may be included in the title of an enterprise or its branch in the following cases:
- when the title of an enterprise that has already been using the state name is transfered to the title of a newly established enterprise;
- when an enterprise that has already been using the state name changes its title;
- when an enterprise has established its branches in more than half the regions of the territory of the Republic of Lithuania;
- a branch is established by a foreign legal entity; when at least three legal entities, established in Lithuania, are the founders of an enterprise;
- when at least 30 persons are the founders of an enterprise;
- when an enterprise intends to use the state name in its title in order to determine a certain geographical territory of Lithuania, where it will be exercising its activities;
- or when an enterprise is a religous community, association or center, acknowledged in Lithuania.