TALLINN - Tallink Grupp’s new flagship, fast ferry MyStar, which started operating on the company’s Tallinn-Helsinki shuttle service route last Wednesday, 13 December 2022, has made a total of 40 departures during the first seven days on the route and carried altogether approximately 32 000 passengers from 106 countries across the world.
Commenting on the successful start of operations of Tallink’s MyStar on the company’s Tallinn-Helsinki route over the first seven-day-period, Piret Mürk-Dubout, Member of the Board at Tallink Grupp, said:
- „We are very pleased that our new flagship MyStar has been received so warmly by our customers, since this is the ship that we have built prioritising our customer’s wishes and needs,
- „We have received lots of positive customer feedback regarding MyStar – be it ship’s completely new and inviting family lounge called Family Picnic, complete with Lottemaa play area; or the beautiful atrium called Garden; or the ship’s lovely interior with elegant restaurants’ and cosy bars, and – naturally - the biggest department store on the Baltic Sea – Traveller Superstore – expanding across two decks on 2500 square metres to the delight of many shoppers with many travel retail products which are exclusive to MyStar, both on land and at sea. Also, unique to MyStar, we have the Platinum Lounge which is the ultimate novelty feature onboard and has already found a special place in the hearts of our more demanding customers who value more privacy. MyStar has proven that our vision of setting the customer service standards even higher, making the passenger comfort even greater and placing an even bigger emphasis on sustainability at the heart of our operations has now become a reality.“
In the first seven days from the start of operations, i.e., from 13 December until 19 December 2022 (inclusive), Tallink’s vessel MyStar has made 40 departures on the company’s Tallinn-Helsinki shuttle service route, and has:
- carried altogether nearly 32 000 passengers from 106 countries: with the most passengers coming from Finland (15 341) and Estonia (9996), but also including passengers from Singapore, Latvia, Poland, USA, Germany, Italy, Australia, Japan, Ireland, Canada and many other counties across the world.
- carried more than 6000 passenger vehicles;
- served on board, in total:
- over 650 kg of Nordic cured salmon delicacy gravlax;
- over 4000 burgers and nearly 3900 nuggets from global fast food restaurant chain Burger King®;
- nearly 2000 cups of Starbucks® coffee;
- over 2000 glasses of Champagne and sparkling wine;
The most popular products in onboard shop were Tallink’s fleet chocolate and MyStar ship chocolate. The most popular product categories were:
- accessories, clothing, toys and souvenirs, with over 11 600 pc sold;
- sweets with over 18 000 pc sold;
- perfumery and cosmetics products, with over 7 700 pc sold;
- wines (including champagne, sparkling wine and wine) with altogether over 5 800 pc sold.
MyStar operates on the company’s Tallinn-Helsinki Shuttle service route in tandem together with the fast ferry Megastar.
Tallink Grupp’s vessel Star is currently undergoing technical maintenance and will start operations again on the company’s Tallinn-Helsinki route with a slightly fewer number of departures from 1 January 2023, which will bring the number of departures on company’s Tallinn-Helsinki route to 16 departures per day on working days (Mon-Fri).
For more information on what is available on board MyStar, visit the vessel’s webpage: https://en.tallink.com/mystar