In the framework of the annual Riga Dialogue, the Latvian Institute of International Affairs, in cooperation with Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung, Nuclear Threat Initiative, and European Leadership Network, invites you to join the public discussion: "Transatlantic security: from Madrid to Vilnius summit." The debate will take place on September 16 from 17.30 to 19:00 in person - at Pullman Riga Old Town hotel and online.
Russia’s aggression in Ukraine has been causing concern about the future security situation in the Euro-Atlantic area. It is especially challenging for small countries that are geopolitical neighbors, especially the Baltic Sea and the Black Sea region. During the public discussion, we will discuss the importance of the decisions made at the Madrid summit, the main challenges, and the upcoming scenarios in Ukraine. The panelists will address the most topical and challenging issues regarding the Transatlantic community and identify the most essential homeworks to be done until the next NATO Summit in Vilnius in 2023.
- Margarita ŠEŠELGYTE, Director, Institute of International Relations and Political Science at Vilnius University;
- Sven SAKKOV, Ambassador of Estonia to Finland;
- Walter KEMP, Director, Global Strategy against TOC, Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime;
- Tacan ILDEM, Chairman, Centre for Economics and Foreign Policy Studies; Former Assistant Secretary-General for Public Diplomacy, NATO;
- Robert NURICK, Nonresident Senior Fellow, Scowcroft Center for Strategy and Security’s Transatlantic Security Initiative, Atlantic Council.
Moderator: Kārlis BUKOVSKIS, Acting Director, Latvian Institute of International Affairs.
The Riga Dialogue annually gathers high-level policy-makers and experts from the European Union, the United States, and the neighboring countries aiming to discuss current challenges to Euro-Atlantic security and provide policy recommendations for building a more stable security environment.
The information is provided by
The Latvian Institute of International Affairs
Cell: +371 29231376
www.liia.lv | www.rigasecurityforum.liia.lv | www.asia.liia.lv