Prosecutors turn over evidence against Kurucs in domestic violence case

  • 2020-01-09
  • LETA/TBT Staff

NEW YORK - Brooklyn Nets forward Rodions Kurucs was back in court for his June domestic violence arrest Wednesday, where his attorney said prosecutors finally handed over their trove of evidence against the Latvian-born baller, the New York Post reports.

Kurucs, who appeared in Brooklyn Criminal Court wearing a blue plaid suit, stayed mum as his lawyer told the judge he’d received a “significant amount” of materials from the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office after 5 p.m. Tuesday - which gave him no time to review what he received.

Kurucs is accused of choking his girlfriend during an argument this past June in the couple’s apartment. He is charged with third-degree assault, criminal obstruction of breathing, second-degree harassment, attempted assault and third-degree menacing.

His attorney, Alex Spiro, noted that he was previously informed the evidence against his 6-foot-9 client does not include recordings of 911 calls associated with the incident, nor are there any associated photos or testimony from eyewitnesses.

Kurucs is due back in court February 11.