Government postpones decision over cutting unemployment insurance tax

  • 2012-07-19

TALINN - The Estonian government discussed on Thursday setting 3 percent unemployment insurance tax rate for 2013 and decided to postpone the decision, Postimees Online reports.

The draft law prescribed setting an employment insurance tax of 2 percent of wages for employees and 1 percent for employers. The government's communications bureau said that these rates should guarantee adequate means for the Unemployment Insurance Fund next year but did not specify why the government postponed its decision.

Currently the rate is 2.8 percent for employees and 1.4 percent for employers, a total of 4.2% and it has been unchanged since August 1, 2008.

"
"