Interior Minister Mareks Seglins announced the results of
the Aug. 29 probe on Sept. 2. He said that the results were particularly bad in
two departments in Riga.
In the Ziemeli police department, the raid found only four employees at work. There should have been 130 people on duty. Department representatives said there had been a sport day planned, but that the day was canceled.
The results were even worse at the Brasa department, where
only three out of 140 employees were present. Department representatives said
that the head of the department told employees they could go home at noon.
Seglins has informed the police union of the situation and asked the state police interior security service to carry out an investigation of the two departments by Sept. 15.
2026 © The Baltic Times /Cookies Policy Privacy Policy