MP Kaimins hospitalized after house fire in Riga Sunday night

  • 2019-12-02
  • LETA/TBT Staff

RIGA - Saeima member Artuss Kaimins (KPV LV) was hospitalized after an apartment fire in Riga last Sunday, according to unofficial information.

Riga Eastern Clinical University Hospital's representative Ilga Namniece confirmed that Kaimins was in the hospital, but declined further comment citing the Personal Data Processing Law.

The State Fire and Rescue Service received a call about a fire in an apartment building in downtown Riga at 8:47 p.m. Upon arriving at the scene, firefighters saw one apartment burning. Seven people were evacuated from the building, of which two were hospitalized. The fire was put out shortly before midnight.

The State Police's spokeswoman Gita Gzibovska also confirmed to LETA that people had sustained injuries in the fire. The firefighters also rescued a dog from the fire, she added.

According to initial information, the fire could have been started by a candle.

The police have launched investigation.