Cinganta UAB, the Lithuanian counterpart of global network of technology companies Appsbee Software LLC and Utah Tech Labs LLC, has been operating in Vilnius from the beginning of 2018. The initial goal of the Lithuanian counterpart the Indo-US technology company was to extend its operation and footprints in EU marketplace and hence they chose Lithuania as a launchpad.
Collectively, the company and their global partners are experts in cloud transition, cloud optimization, devops, IoT, mobile application and digital marketing. They have over 120 engineers and offices in United States, India and Lithuania with clients from four different continents. In the short span after Cinganta started its operation in Lithuania, they acquired three significant clients from UK & EU countries.
Along with software consulting, the organisation has been investing heavily on its own product development for years. In the year 2020, they are set to come up with its education product Flipclasses which is targeting to improve the quality of education for schools, colleges and for corporates.
With Flipclasses.com, they aim to solve the following problems –
- The current education system does not collect day to day interaction data of every students. There is no scope in reality. Hence, we have very limited chance to generate analytics on strength and weaknesses.
- Since the current education system does not generate report based on daily activities, we are highly dependent on exam-based system and failing on which the future of a student or a trainee becomes miserable.
- Since the current education system is exam oriented, we are forced to take generic decision. For example, parents sometime pass general comment like my kid is not good at mathematics. The problem is one can’t be bad in entire mathematics. He/she might be weak in some areas. But since our interactions are not highly digital, we don’t store day to day data and hence we have no capability to produce right analytics on where she is strong and where she is weak at.
- Teachers are only one category of people who does not have correct feedback. In corporates, we have feedback, in retail we have employee feedback but unfortunately teachers have not much feedback. They also deserve feedback so that they can improve.
- Due to lack of digital platform, information is not easily accessible. We still see parents wait at end of school or in a schedule day in order to discuss with teachers about their child’s progress. If some lesson is being missed in classroom there is no way for the student to re-visit the lesson at their free time.
- Lack of personalisation - the current classrooms are generic. Irrespective of their different understanding level, they arebound to go through same methodology and study material.
- Contents can’t be updated and can’t be reflected to the students immediately.
- Lack of continuous communication on a topic which loses engagement. For corporates, the problem areas are slightly different, and they are mostly like follows –
- In every organization, if they can’t train their employees, individual employees will have different goals. The top layer knows about their vision and directions but that will never reach to lower level employees. The vision will always be missed. I think that’s the largest problem in most of the organisations. Low level employees just think day by day, task by task and think how soon they can leave office. It’s not their mistake, it’s because they lack the larger goal. Without goal none can run because they don’t know the target.
- The interesting fact is, most of the leaders know the problem but still they can’t organise enough training and day to day transmission of the vision. It’s mainly because everyone is busy. Organizing a training and reproducing lectures is very time taking affair. Sometimes it feels like wastage of time.
- Since many organisations don’t use any organized digital training platform, they don’t know who are trained in what and who is mostly updated on a topic. For employees also its difficult to stay updated on new rule changes and new methods etc.
- Since organizations dont know who is mostly trained on what, they don’t have any clue about their skill gaps and hence not sure about next hires and training plans. It’s a trap for doing hiring mistakes.
The scale of the problem is wide-spread and hence we believe the possibility of growth of the product is also high. Every educational institution and corporates are their possible customers for the corporate solution. With the expansion of product and service areas, Cinganta is planning to grow up to a ten-member team in Vilnius during 2020.