Guide to the world of documents: legal residence in Poland for EU citizens

  • 2024-07-10

Moving to Poland from an EU country opens up new horizons, but before you dive into the maelstrom of possibilities, it's important to understand the documents that will ensure your legal stay.

Several options are available to EU citizens:

1. Application for Residence Registration (meldunek):

- For short-term stays (up to 90 days): not required, but recommended.

- For long-term stays (over 90 days): mandatory.

2. Permanent Residence Card (Karta staƂego pobytu):

- A cherished permanent residence permit entitling you to unlimited residence and work in Poland.

- Grounds: 5 years of legal residence in the country, housing, language skills.

3. Blue Card (UE):

- For highly qualified professionals.

- Advantages: simplified procedure for obtaining a work permit, possibility to bring your family.

What documents are required?

- Passport or ID card.

- Application form.

- Photo.

- Medical insurance.

- Certificate of absence of a criminal record.

- Documents confirming the purpose of stay (employment contract, certificate from a higher education institution, marriage certificate).

- Financial means for maintenance.